Lebanon mentioned in Metal lyrics | Are we proud?
Aug 5th 2011 Rami Rouhana Miscellaneous What do you think?

Share on Facebook9Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Reddit0Email this to someone

Every now and then a country or city is mentioned in Metal lyrics for that place symbolizes a noticeable event in history. Looking for lyrics where Lebanon or Beirut were mentioned, I found two main tracks with lyrics centered on the Lebanese civil war and several other tracks where Lebanon is mentioned:

  • Holocaust – Into Lebanon

Devil come under summer skies
Holding bible holding Koran

Iran Israel Jordan Syria surround her become her
Iran Israel Jordan Syria I hold you all before god
devil come under summer skies
holding bible holding Koran
these are the days of turning tides
these are the days that bring the evil
and the dark affairs of men
Into Lebanon

crisis come hostages await
unknown terrors in the shadows
these are the days of turning tides
these are the days that bring the evil
and the dark affairs of men
Into Lebanon

kiss the sun hold it to your heart
taste the blood that will drown you
these are the days of turning tides
these are the days that bring the evil
and the dark affairs of men
Into Lebanon

see how the mighty are broken
see how they fall

  • Mortal Sin – Lebanon

Sound of bombs runs through the air
In the streets of Lebanon
Hate filled soldiers everywhere
The troops of Babylon

Bloodstains on the footpath
Madness on the ground
Senseless forms of bloodbath
As you hear the bugles sound

Dodging the machine gun fire
Fighting for their lives
Killing with their hearts desire
No one can survive

[Chorus:]
The battle of Lebanon – a killer
The battle of Lebanon – destruction

Trenches filled with Muslim guards
Rifles set to fire
Left the enemy battle scarred
Terrorist guns for hire

[Repeat chorus]

Planning all the strategies to break the enemies back
Send out the kamikazes on a suicide attack
The Muslims and the Christians are fighting for their rights
Take the war of Lebanon to masochistic heights

Massacre and bloodshed are just a part of war
The children are defenseless and washed up on the floor
Aerial destruction and submarines below
Shooting guided missiles to give the final blow

  • Lyrics mentioning Lebanon

S.O.D. – Fuck the Middle East [http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/sod/speakenglishordie.html#16

Sieges Even – Reporter [http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/siegeseven/sophisticated.html#1

Tankard – Help Yourself [http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/tankard/themorningafter.html#9

Pretty Maids – Lethal Heroees [http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/prettymaids/jumpthegun.html#1

Kill II This – This is the N.E.W.S. [http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/killiithis/trinity.html#5

Now for a long time Lebanon was the symbol of wars and religious hatred, our civil war lasted long enough so that idea got imprinted in the mind of every European or American. How much have we changed today? The buildings were renovated, the streets paved, the churches and mosques gold plated, but some still think the same way they did back then and some still fight and believe in hatred.

As for the tourists, they shouldn’t worry, we are good actors and we do hide our hatred to each other pretty well, after all we are the people of business and trade. Tourists enjoy every minute spent in Lebanon and they don’t find it hard to communicate with us as the majority of us speak, read and write English, French and Arabic.

Side Note: There are no CAMELS in Beirut.

  • Here are some pictures of Lebanon during the civil war and after the civil war.

1111113333144441112221344441333444

1112222333

Share on Facebook9Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Reddit0Email this to someone
  • Patrick Z

    I live with these guys, and nothing you’ll show them will change their minds. I’m talking about 90 % of the population off course. The other 10 % contains people who like to do exotic stuff like traveling to Zimbabwe to check the jungle, go to Lebanon/Jordan/Syria to live the arabian life…

    Hopeless case man, but great article nevertheless.

  • The Anticore

    **r b lebnen wou b 2arzo

  • Chris Down

    There’s a song for Europe called “Girl From Lebanon”
    Now, That’s a Good ONe!

  • Mau…

    +1